Thursday, January 24, 2008

freedom

I feel like I'm in 4th grade again and it's the night before school starts! I'm so excited! I'm sure it will be a sleepless night! Not to mention my 3 year old will most likely crawl into our bed at 2 p.m.!!!

Tomorrow I'm heading to Santa Barbara to hang with 10 totally awesome photographers and David Jay , who is our gracious host and who I admire so greatly not only for great photography but most importantly to me, his attitude and generosity towards life and other photographers. I heard DJ speak two years ago at a Pictage event and I was so impressed with his philosophy about helping others ... you know when you hear something and it strikes something in you that just resonates and you are like ... RIGHT ON, YES! That was a moment in my photography career and life I shall not forget, it just made so much sense and since then I've made it my practice to live by the words he spoke ... to help others in our industry and the example he gave of how it takes so much effort to be negative and so little to be positive and help others and help them up. So so awesome! It truly is wonderful how blessed you are when you are interested in those around you. Interested in helping them succeed ... not just in yourself.

I can't wait to get to Santa Barbara and once I return home to share my experience. Stay tuned ...

2 comments:

McCaulie said...

Ok I'm not sure if this is a spelling error or grammar error but I think you meant to say that Mason will crawl into bed at 2 a.m, not p.m. :)

P.S. My mom says hi!!

Love,
McCaulie

Corey Hage said...

Penny, it was so awesome meeting you this past weekend. I'm looking forward to keeping in touch.