Saturday, February 09, 2008

authentic beauty

What an afternoon I had this past Thursday! I was so blessed to spend an afternoon with Nancie, who actually bid on me at a Red Cross event! Our mission was to capture her new beauty. A writer I am not ... but I want to share a little here ... see when I met Nancie, briefly on a cold Friday night at a Red Cross event she caught my eye ... she was striking to me ... I thought to myself, wow! I hope when I am a little older I will have the kind of class and beauty that she resignates. I had no idea of who this woman was or what she had been through the past two years. To my delight Nancie was the highest bidder and we were going to have a session together! I meet Nancie for coffee to discuss our session and Nancie shared with me that she is a recent cancer surviver ... and she is so so so amazing, so full of life, so spunky ... we hit it off instantly! With our goal in mind we set the date; Thursday February 7, 2008, I left Starbucks feeling excited to get to have a significant project in the works. I arrived and Nancie and I had a cup of tea and enjoyed chatting, petting Pippen, her most wonderful doggie, while I captured her authentic beauty. Nancie, as she will tell you is a women with an opinion and I just LOVE her! Nancie gets it! She is inspiring, she is honest, she is beautiful! And she has a most wonderful laugh! It is contagious! I am so honored to have gotten to capture her authentic beauty ... I left her home feeling warm inside ... feeling so full of life ... smiling. Thank you so very much Nancie!!! Here are a couple of images I wanted to share ...




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's awesome, what a great way to give back

Anonymous said...

Working with Penny was one of best experiences of my life. She listened to me when I told her who I thought I was -- and then created images that were so much more. What a wonderful gift! And my dog loved her. No higher praise than that!
Nancie Mills Pipgras