Sunday, April 13, 2008

Napa Fun ... the details



My honey's surprise trip to Napa was great fun! We left early Friday evening and found a great little hotel ... had a little cheese and wine in the lobby before setting out for dinner ... we ate at one of our favorites ... Hurley's in Yountville and it did not disappoint. Tony got crazy and tried the boar ... it was very good and I love their crab cakes ... so of coarse I started with those and then had the butternut squash ravioli ... very tasty. No trip to the Napa Valley is complete in my book without stopping at Dean and Deluca ... I love that place! I once visited their store in New York and I have to tell you that I've been hooked very since ... it is so clean and organized and full of flavors ... all the things I love in one place!! We got some treats to take to the hotel room ... they had chocolate mint malt balls ... oh my goodness ... I had to throw the diet out the window for those!! A girl cannot just eat one!

We woke up and after having breakfast in bed went to explore ... We found a cute store in St. Helena Pennaluna ... my eye caught it because from distance it sorta looked like my name all run together ... we found some great treasures there and then we went to this cute dogie store ... remember in no uncertain terms I was not getting a puppy ... I still had to go to the store and see all the cute things one could get for their doggies ... and then we saw my dream car ... other than the viper ... AND in my color!!! I had to roll down the window so as not to get droll on the window ... it's beautiful!

Then off to wine tasting ... we ended up buying two cases of wine ... I can't wait to drink it! Then before heading home we ate lunch at Mustards ... it's always tasty.

So all in all we had a great trip!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary!! You expensive taste in cars.