Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Warm and Fuzzy

I get to do the best thing ... I get to do what I love and get money for doing it ... sometimes I lay in bed and wonder ... is this really my life? Tonight I couldn't sleep so I got up and starting catching up on some work which also means catching up on emails and I came across this email from Allie who I photographed a couple of weeks ago, later today I get to meet their new little girl Ava (I'm so super excited!)

Here is a slice of her email:


"I also wanted to thank you again for all of your patience and creativity during the maternity session. I was a little nervous beforehand, but after the first few shots, I was completely comfortable and having fun with it....what a fantastic experience! You really thought of everything and it was fun to do so many different poses, and also to know that you were catching so much that was NOT "posed". (The real moments :-) I appreciate that you were open to also trying the suggestions I had and that you never made me feel like I was imposing on your style or time. Haven't even seen the proofs, but I'm already trying to get my friends to book sessions with you, too! (Several are either expecting or have just delivered)

I cannot forget to mention possibly my favorite thing....that Lauren really, really liked you. She doesn't like photographers. Ever. (Remember that she flatly refused to take her school photos earlier that week!) So, I figured if we managed to get her in a couple of shots I'd call it a lucky day. I was thrilled that she wanted to be such a ham for you, and she's STILL talking about taking "pictures with Penny", and asking "when is Penny coming back?" She was so sad when you left!"

AWESOME!! Truly makes me feel honored to get to do what I do! Makes me all warm and fuzzy! Here are some of the fun images ...




We also did some really awesome shots that are for their eyes only ... but as you can see Allie is totally beautiful.

1 comment:

Ginger Murray said...

Hi Penny!
Just came from DJ's blog.

I LOVE that second to last shot!