Wednesday, October 31, 2007

This evening I was driving home from a session in traffic ... I end up pondering lots of things during this time ... its strange this evening because I have so much to think about ... this week my grandfather had a massive heart attack ... my brother and I are going to visit him this Friday in Oregon. As I await heading up to Oregon all kinds of images and smells and feelings come into my mind. My Grandpa John is the strong silent type. Many a morning my brother and I would wake up and sit at the kitchen table and watch Grandpa make us hot coco, he makes the best by the way, and if you didn't know marshmellows grow on bushes on the side of the highway ... especially over the Grapevine pass ... at least thats what we grew up thinking! He would put the three cups at the table and we would savor it together and chat...sometimes or just sit and enjoy the silence and the great coco. I can close my eyes and be there. I can see the pictures that I wish I had of those times ... our hands holding the cups of coco, my brother laughing at the occasional joke, me snuggling to grandma as he takes a sip ... the steam from the cup ......

No comments: