Wednesday, May 07, 2008

drip ... drip ... drip

I've been crazy busy this last week, not only with engagement sessions and cutie pie session, but just life in general ... images to come soon ... I promise. I had to post this one of Ava ... I get to visit her every 3 months and I just love this one!

... she's sooooo telling me ... "that's a wrap!" ... I love it!

Today, though, was one of those days that just rocked! I haven't blogged in a while and so I thought that I would tonight to add to my list of good things today! I got so much accomplished and Tony did too! He installed my drip system for around the pool today and I am super excited! I'm heading to the nursery to plant shop tomorrow for sure!!! I've had my eye on several unique plants for some time now and I have a feeling like I'm going to go crazy! I love plants ... well, honestly, I love to go to places like Sea World or Disneyland where the plants are so well manicured and dream that one day I will have that in my backyard ... a girls gotta dream!

Anyway,

A while back I mentioned the great book The Go-Giver and the first law of stratospheric success which is the law of value "your true worth is determined by how much more you give in value than you take in payment" ... I bought another copy last week because I gave my copy to my good friend Barbara and I wanted to share the second law ... the law of compensation "Your income is determined by how many people you serve and how well you serve them" ... how true that is. Not just in monetary income, i think that is a bit obvious ... but emotional income. I've really been thinking about that a lot lately ...

Oh yes, and one more cool thing for today ... today my brother Scott called me and told me he loved me and really appreciated me. I'm sure I've mentioned it before ... my brother is one of my very best friends ... we talk every day on the phone ... we alway say I love you ... but today it just made my whole day ... maybe even month that he called just to say I love you ... that was so cool!

Well, off to get the kids in bed and do a little reading....

No comments: